Postdoctoral Fellowship - NAPI - CTA Paraná
1) multimessenger emission with focus on gamma-rays and cosmic rays sources;
3) theory/simulations of compact objects (SGRs/AXPs, CCOs, WDs, high-B pulsars);
4) supernovas and starburst galaxies;
5) acceleration of cosmic rays.
As a postdoctoral researcher in the High Energy Physics Group, you will be responsible for leading the investigation of one of the research directions pursued by the group. Because the group touches on a wide range of topics, you will have considerable freedom in your choice of project. Members of the group conduct research on a wide range of problems in theoretical physics, cosmology, and astrophysics, with a particular emphasis on combining observation and theory. There are opportunities to participate in the Cherenkov Telescope Array (CTA) and Auger Collaboration, as well as mentoring students.
Applicants must have a Ph.D. in astrophysics or a related field. Previous experience with one of the group's topics is required. Applicants must have a proven record of successful and independent research.
Please send one PDF file to firstname.lastname@example.org including:
1) Cover letter indicating your preferred starting date. If you feel you can strengthen the High Energy group in any other way, feel free to indicate that in your cover letter.
2) Curriculum vitae with publication list (please highlight your 2 most relevant papers).
3) Research statement, indicating highlights of your previous/current work or expertise (3 pages limit).
4) Research plan with project/questions you would like to work on as member of the High Energy group.
5) two recommendation letters
Applications will be accepted until March 31, 2023
Conditions of employment
This is a pre-application. The selected candidate(s) will be sponsored for a postdoctoral fellowship application to the Paraná funding agency ARAUCÁRIA. If approved, the position will be funded for two years. The starting date is negotiable.
The monthly salary (tax free) is R$ 5.125,00 Brazilian reais.
Palotina is a Brazilian municipality in western Paraná state, located around 200 km from Foz do Iguaçu and 96 km from Cascavel. The population is 32,121 inhabitants, as of the 2020 estimate. Paraná is one of the 26 states of Brazil, in the south of the country, bordered on the north by São Paulo state, on the east by the Atlantic Ocean, on the south by Santa Catarina state and the province of Misiones, Argentina, and on the west by Mato Grosso do Sul and Paraguay, with the Paraná River as its western boundary line. Crossed by the Tropic of Capricorn, Paraná has what is left of the araucaria forest, one of the most important subtropical forests in the world. At the border with Argentina is the National Park of Iguaçu, considered by UNESCO as a World Heritage Site. Only 40 km (25 mi) away, on the border with Paraguay, the largest dam in the world was built, the Hidroelétrica de Itaipu (Itaipu Hydroelectric Dam).
Informal inquiries regarding this position are welcome and can be sent email@example.com